Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here We Go Bluebird

Life. Living. Breathing, in and out. Trusting people. Being loved. Feeling beautiful. Doing things that scare the hell out of you. Waking up and realizing how far you've come. Knowing how far you still have to go. Driving. Singing. Loving. Being rejected. Doing something right for once. Security. Routine. Connection in an isolating age. Just knowing. Traditions. Heartache. Screaming. Dancing without abandon. Playing in the mud. Laughter. Friends. Holding hands. Family. Despite all odds, surviving. Waking up and looking in the mirror and saying, "I can do this." Embracing who you are; the weird bits, the crazy bits, the insecure bits, the embarrassing bits and all those other bits that don't quite make sense but when crazily meshed together make you, you.

I met a boy (I know, I know). This boy doesn't like the words "I don't know." He thinks they are a cop-out, because if you really took the time to figure it out, you do know, you always know. It might be hard to admit to yourself, or that you never stopped to consider that the answer was lying right in front of you all along; but you always know. 

Relationships are messy. Friends, Boys, Family. Trying to figure out who you are, while trying to love these people. When things fall apart (as they inevitably will) and you begin to dissect layer by layer everything that went wrong you find that there is never just one answer:  anger, confusion, love, insanity, stability, hopes and dreams, revenge, heartbreak and so many more.  They all intertwine and I've begun to realize its all part of living, breaking down to nothing and building yourself back up, each time adding experiences, new ways to look at life. Life is hard, but never look at life and everything it has given you; good, bad, infuriating,confusing or just plain weird and say "I don't know." Because at that point, we stop growing and learning; we stop living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment